January 17, 2014

La Vie Francaise

My mum and I share a common love of all things French. Food, style, people, you name it.

Without being able to take a trip to Paris, we thought the perfect way to indulge ourselves would be with a little southern France comfort at Jacques Bistro du Parc.

Jacques Bistro du Parc is a tiny french cafe in the heart of Yorkville. It's a little hard to spot because it's on the second floor of a small building, but in the spring and summer you have the most beautiful view of the fountains.

It's quite small, only about eight tables in total which makes it extremely homey and cozy.

Right, now onto the food...


The menu is quite limited but everything on it is divine.

I started off with some delicious Onion Soup, or Soupe à l'oignon Gratinée, (I suppose the French part was implied..)

                              



Perfect mix of cheese, bread, and onion soup in every bite

Mum started with a pate platter which perhaps doesn't look quite as appealing but was equally delicious! (I believe it was called 'Terrine Maison')


What's a French meal without wine?


For the main course, I had one of their famous omelettes: the Savoyarde. It was filled with Swiss cheese and potatoes.

Perfectly cooked and seasoned to highlight the scrumptious filling.


Mum went for the Quiche du Jour which I was quite jealous of...I guess it's true that mums are always right...damn.



Once it was time for dessert, the restaurant had cleared out a bit (when we first arrived it was bustling!) so we moved over to the window for some coffee and cake


We finally decided on the raspberry tart with freshly whipped cream. Heavenly.




Perfect lunch with my lovely Mum! 

We had to just about waddle our way out by the end but I've certainly found my new favourite cafe francaise

Love, Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment