March 3, 2014

Winter Lip Tips

Most people's winters appear to be coming to an end, but if today is any indication, mine is far from over.

I find that winter takes an extreme toll on two parts of my face: skin and lips.

Moisturisers are quite difficult to recommend because everyone's skin is so different. Though if any of you suffer from sever winter dryness like me, I heavily recommend Clinique Moisture Surge or Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation (my sister swears by it!).

So instead I thought I would share my winter lips routine with all of you.


The first step to having soft lips is exfoliating--especially if you like to wear matte lip stains in the winter months, this step is a must.

My weapon of choice is e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator


You can tell how much I love this product by how worn down it is. It's infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils and has little beads that work to exfoliate your lips as you rub it on. Best part? It tastes like brown sugar!

After using it for about two weeks, I've definitely noticed a difference in how soft my lips are. Highly recommend this product, especially because it is such a steal at only $3.00! As of now I believe you can buy this line at Target in Canada, but I'm not sure if they specifically carry this product as I bought it online.

Next step is moisturizing.

I've recently stumbled upon the most magnificent lip balm in the world. Big statement, I know, but Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm rightfully deserves it.


I've tried tons of lip balms before, but always found that they had no long-lasting effects on my perpetually chapped lips. Rêve de Miel, with it's huge cult following, is exactly the opposite. It's an extremely lush lip balm which penetrates deep into your poor chapped lips to give long-lasting results.

Although I've only recently purchased it, I think the pot will last me for quite some time, which makes the $17 purchase price (Shoppers Drug Mart) well worth it.

Let me know your winter lip must-haves!

Love, Milly

6 comments:

  1. I also struggle with perpetually chapped lips. Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try to find that exfoliator :)

    Sam
    That Curious Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kelly! I just checked yours out and love it as well:)

    xx Milly

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love lushs lip scrubs in the colder months. they work wonders for dry lips and they taste amazing.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lips get so chapped, but it's really my fault. I tend to bite/lick them when I'm feeling anxiety so that's what does it. I love EOS lip balm. It's my fav for dry lips.

    I'm thinking about trying the ELF exfoliate.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. PERFECT!!
    I love your blog,
    follow me on http://elenaurbonaviciute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very intrigued by Rêve de Miel.
    will definitely be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete